An occasional page of links that I think colleagues will find interesting.
Issue 2 here
- Independent Learning: Marking and Feedback from Wellington Learning and Research Centre. Also from Wellington: Getting Gritty with it – a paper about student self-perception with Harvard GSE.
- Research paper: Online Mathematics Homework Increases Student Achievement
- Evidence-based reccomendations from WWC: Teaching Secondary Students to Write Effectively
- Guidance from Sandagogy to help students revise effectively on their own.
- Articles for the next reading group with a Hattie theme.
- Hattie- What Works Best in Education:The Politics of Collaborative Expertise and a summary of it: tweet of sketch
- Spacing: Optimal time for gaps until re-study? Blog by @Benneypenyrheol , shared by Dylan William
- Two blogs from our own school. One about Threshold Concepts using ideas from number 7, one summarising our CPD programme (and the no-blame ethos behind it).
- New education podcast The Ed Files
- From The Learning Scientists: Listening to Music while Studying: A Good or a Bad Idea?